Landlord Insurance

We always recommend that Landlords have the right buildings and contents insurance in place for their tenanted properties.  If your tenant(s) should ever request a copy of your insurance then you will need to provide it to them.

You must check that your insurer is aware that the property is let.  It is also worth considering whether your existing policy can provide cover for risks that are industry specific, as a private house of contents policy may not extend to them.  Some examples could include:

  • Loss of rent following an insured event
  • Property owner’s liability
  • Accidental / malicious damage by the tenant
  • Un occupancy cover
  • Alternative accommodation cover
  • Unauthorised property modification

‘HomeLet’ who we use for our referencing procedures do offer a comprehensive range of Landlord’s insurance policies.  To find out more from them you can contact them on 0330 333 7039 quoting ref.1504031 or by visiting